The Intermediate Accountant supports the Controller by executing the operational activity in the Finance department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for the preparation and management of timely and accurate full cycle financial information, reporting and analysis
- Managing the receivables process including revenue recognition in a SAAS environment, preparing invoices, cash receipts and collection processes
- Managing the payables process including approvals, coding, entry and payments
- Preparing monthly journal entries and working paper, and maintaining general ledger accounts
- Preparing bi monthly payroll including commissions calculations, payroll reconciliations including data entry.
- Ensuring compliance with all monthly/quarterly commodity tax, payroll and other applicable tax filings
Qualifications and Education
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in an accounting environment, preferably in the software industry
- CPA designation, or in process of attaining
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office skills (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work and multi task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to leverage fast paced environment to develop skills to more senior management role
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and deadline-oriented
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required
- Knowledge and proficiency of generally accepted accounting principles for private enterprises (ASPE
- MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Gmail, Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Agreement Express
How to apply
Send your resume, cover letter, and availability to email@example.com with the subject line "Intermediate Accountant."
No recruiters or staffing agencies please. Only candidates who are legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
Back to Careers