Vice President, Engineering (VPE)
Reporting to the CTO, The VPE is responsible for overseeing all software development activities and the supporting teams within the organization including software development, architecture, testing and development operations.
The VPE and Director of Product Management, are the prime advocates to ensure timely delivery of products to defined internal product quality standards and committed timelines. The Vice President, Engineering collaborates with the CTO to lead strategic planning to ensure that Agreement Express consistently delivers the highest quality products that provide tremendous value to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads, manages and mentors a team of world-class software engineers, including resource allocations, team structures, performance management, employee learning and development, recruiting and staffing adjustments.
- Delegates effectively, sets expectations, measures progress, manages risk to ensure all deadlines for software development are met consistently to established quality coding standards
- Leads, manages and mentors the QA team to ensure delivery of high quality and scalable solutions that include industry best practices in unit, system and regression testing and scales QA functions through automation.
- Work closely with Product Management to support identification, estimation, prioritization, and tracking of product investments, including evaluation of build vs buy vs partner alternatives. Maintains accurate product road map representation in acceptable format for customers, internal stakeholders, and investors.
- Maintains and evolves processes that adhere to required compliance certifications and standards. Collaborates with Manager of Compliance to support regular audit procedures and updates to processes to compliance. Owns and maintains Software Development LIfecycle documentation.
- Provides technical support during key sales cycles.
- Collaborates with the CTO to evaluate new technologies and make recommendations on inclusion into our development methodologies, product architecture and hosting services.
- Collaborates with the VP of HR to allocate IT resources appropriately across various projects, juggling current customer/prospect needs with longer term production internal requirements and to continuously update job knowledge and training requirements for all reporting positions.
- Mobilizes the team to effectively resolve and deal with major customer issues
- Supports the Executive Team in communicating the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Fosters a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, customer focus, excellence and a fun work environment while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our R&D organization
- Creates a productive and healthy work/life balance for team members. Effectively manages stress, while keeping the team focused, engaged, productive, and fulfilled.
- Owns, understands, maintains and reports on KPI and P&L for the Engineering Team
Qualifications and Education
- Bachelors or Masters in a technical field such as Computer Science
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience as a leader of technical teams in a SaaS environment
- Proven experience managing large teams and remote workers
- Agile and/or Scrum certified
- Exceptional database design expertise
- Expertise in Fintech and CRM is an asset
- Exceptional organizational skills and proven ability to effectively manage, develop and mentor staff while under pressure to meet deadlines
- Thrives in a fast moving, agile environment
- Strong communication skills, in particular with non-technical audiences including customers, partners, and investors
- Strong commercial, agile software development experience
- Seasoned knowledge of QA and QC testing practices
How to apply
Send your resume, cover letter, and availability to email@example.com with the subject line "Vice President, Engineering (VPE)."
No recruiters or staffing agencies please. Only candidates who are legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
Back to Careers